Welcome to the America’s WETLAND education page. From here you can learn about how the loss of Louisiana’s coastal wetlands affects the state nation and world. You can also play games, color wetland scenes, and much more.
Introducing the Estuarians very own home page! To visit Eddy the Eagle and all of his friends, click here!
General Education Resources
- Envisioning the Future of the Gulf Coast
- Riding the Rim
- Poem: Ode to the Redfish
- Louisiana Department of Education: Oil Spill Educational Resource Guide
“Washing Away” Lesson Plans: “Washing Away” is a documentary produced by Louisiana Public Broadcasting several years ago to educate viewers about the loss of Louisiana’s coastal wetlands. The lesson plans below supplement the documentary.
- Download What Is Your Fema Number?
- Download The Water Was Coming So Quickly
- Download It’s a Wonderful Life
- Download We Can Still Turn the Tide
- Download They Are Going to Hear Me
- Watch America’s WETLAND Videos on WYES
- NOAA: What Exactly Does a Healthy Coastal Wetland Provide to Society?
- NOAA: Climate: Vulnerability of Our Nation’s Coasts to Sea Level Rise
- Download an Estuarian Activity Guide
- Lessons on the Lake
- America’s Wetland: Louisiana’s Vanishing Coast Photographs by Bevil Knapp, Text by Mike Dunne
- Before the Saltwater Came, by Wendy Wilson Billiot
- Animal Trivia
- Animal Identification
- Bird Identification