Join Us at the Coastal Wetland Communities Adaptation Forum
- Update from 2011 Blue Ribbon Resilient Communities Leadership Forums
- A Generational Approach and Timeframe for Adaptation
- Educating the Adaptation Generation
- Shared Responsibilities: The Master Plan and Beyond
- Toward a New Era in Private Sector Sustainability
- The Louisiana Coastal Exchange – A Gulf Wide Private Sector Partnership & Registry of Conservation and Restoration Projects
Terrebonne Biodiversity and Resiliency Projects Feature Innovation and Partnership
Recently the America’s WETLAND Foundation announced the launch of The Terrebonne Biodiversity and Resiliency Projects at Pointe-aux-Chenes & Bayou Terrebonne.
The projects represent a private sector investment of $3.4 million dollars and, once completed, the projects will restore 125 acres of wetlands with a per-year economic value of $1.2 million and other annual benefits including: 280 tons of carbon sequestered, the elimination of up to 266 pounds of phosphorus and 10,600 pounds of nitrogen to improve water quality in lower Terrebonne Parish. AWF is partnering with Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC (RES) on these projects and BHP is providing full funding.
In the News
The Tabasco King who reminded New Orleans how to make merry